I have probably said this before but I am a bath person. At average I take at least 2 baths a week. It’s my sanctuary where everything is calm, warm & quiet. I light a ton of candles, pour in all the essentials, put a face mask and hair mask on and soak while watching an episode of tv. I like taking a bath at the end of my work week & at the end of the weekend. I think it’s a mandatory for a relaxing weekend and a good work week.
Here are my current bath essentials.
- Dr. Jart+ Trans Foam Clay Trio (face mask) – First of all, what a deal. Second of all, what a brilliant invention. A mask that turns into a cleanser! I have dry, acne-prone skin and these really make my skin feel so clean, refreshed, and clear immediately after use. I like using this face mask in the bath, because it only needs to be on for 2 minutes. I leave it on for 5 minutes, but because you are so hot (if you are doing it right) while taking a bath, you’ll usually end up just sweating off your mask. This is perfect.
- Herbivore Detox Bath Salts – Bath salts are essential and to me it’s all about the scent. I also love well designed bottles. This is both! Herbivore is an awesome company created by husband and wife (almost local) and their products are all all-natural and made with such detail and care. I love the simple packaging.
- Aveeno Soothing Bath Treatment – If you are like me you suffer from dry itchy skin and you have to be so cautious about what kind of products you use on your skin. This bath treatment is a powdered oatmeal that creates a silky & milky bath and really does soothe the skin. If you have eczema I would definitely try this stuff out.
- Origins Drink-Up Overnight Face Mask– I love Origins. I feel like all of the products I have tried have left my skin feeling clean and soft. Because you lose a lot of moisture after taking a bath I like to use this overnight mask that is perfect for dry skin. It makes my skin feel so cool.
- TRESSeme Conditioning Hair Mask – This is not my go to hair mask but it is one of my go to super affordable hair masks. It’s super cheap and if you are looking for something that will just give you some good moisture, then I would suggest this. In the winter my scalp gets really dry and itchy and this is such a relief for my scalp.
- Dr. Teals Foaming Bath – The clue here is that this is not a bubble bath. I would say it’s more of a soapy oil. If you are looking for lots of bubbles then look elsewhere, but if you are looking for something that is really moisturizing and smells like heaven- look no further!