Sharing parts of my life, means sharing about this guy. He is my child. His name is Oz and I’d say he is about 5 years old. I got him my junior year of college because I had rescued this boisterous cat, Ripley, and he seemed a bit lonely and wound up every time I returned home from class, so I thought he might enjoy having another cat around. I rescued Oz, originally named Sherlock, and soon found out that this was no ordinary cat. I’ve always been drawn to the underdogs, and Oz was definitely an underdog of cats. I have no proof, and have not spoken to any sort of cat therapist (I’m sure this career choice exists somewhere), but I believe he had been hurt by humans when he was a kitten, or just totally traumatized by Ripley. Ripley didn’t see Oz as a friend, like I had intended, he instead saw Oz as his play toy. It was not a great introduction into a new home, and Oz spent most of his time under my bed. It seemed that Ripley was not meant for apartment life, so I sadly had to leave him at home with my mom, where he could have more adventures. Oz then became my sole cat. I am obsessed with him, we even miss him when we leave home. He is seriously the greatest!
Here are 10 things I love about my cat.
1. When we walk through the door, he comes running over to welcome us home.
2. When we feed him, give him treats or water, he follows us and rubs against our legs, in what we believe is gratefulness.
3. He has to lay on your shoulder or your face, because he has to be as close to you as possible.
4. He loves my hair. He will make it his little nest and make biscuits on my head. It doesn’t feel that great & my head will be filled with knots after, but I don’t care because I love him.
5. He squeaks & snores when he sleeps and it’s one of my favorite sounds in the entire universe.
6. He loves his belly rubbed. He cannot handle it. He rolls back and forth and uses his claws to move him around the floor in happiness.
7. He doesn’t really play, unless it’s moving yarn or any long string along the floor for him to chase, which makes playtime with him special.
8. He crosses his legs, like the most regal cat around.
9. He will force his way into your arms for cuddle time. It doesn’t matter where you are or what you are doing, if he want’s to cuddle he will cuddle and he want’s to cuddle a lot.
10. He purrs when I trim his claws.