Welcome to Tea Talk!
I really wanted to share moments of my life each week, along with life and creative updates. I personally love reading more personal ‘currently’ & ‘updates’ posts from bloggers. I find a great deal of inspiration from it and always discover something new, like a specific type of workout class to try or a new podcast to listen to. I also think that, as a reader, the more you know about the blogger, the more interested and invested you get. So I created this new series to share whatever tickles my fancy.
I’m Working on my Book
I’m currently using Scrivner to work on the outline, character and plot arcs, and research of my book. I am so excited about writing this, at least in this stage because I am just writing. It’s pretty invigorating to just write out a story and not focus so much on the crippling fear of it not being good, but just focusing on the story and the characters.
Journaling my Heart Away
I’ve always collected journals and wrote everything in them, and in college, one of our assignments in our screenwriting class was to do something called ‘morning pages‘, which is a suggestion from The Artist’s Way by Julie Cameron, in which you commit to writing 3 pages every morning as a stream of consciousness. Well, I do that, I just call them…’evening pages’. I do it in the evening because I feel that my brain is so overactive in the evening and I find that it’s pretty therapeutic to do before bed.
Scheduled Content & Website Update
I currently write out post ideas for 5 days a week. I usually do not make it to a total of 5 posts a week, obviously, but I remain working towards the goal of 5. I am currently seeing what days I consistently blog, as I do want to find a perfect routine. Not only is it great for me, but a schedule will let you know exactly when you could expect new content. Once I figure out the best schedule, I will announce it. I’m also working on revamping some of my pages and come up with what I want my newsletter to be. So you guys can look forward to more content!
New Instagram focused on Clean Eating and Wellness
I created a new instagram, in addition to my main one, where I will be posting more clean eating meals, products I consume, my meal prepping journey, and my wellness progress. I find having to post things publically, creates a new layer of commitment that helps me on my health and clean eating journey. I will be posting stuff over there that doesn’t really fit my main feed. You can follow me @birdfoodliving — I’ll be making my first post tomorrow!
- I had to make another appointment for my back pain, and they gave me more medicine, which has been so helpful! I also got referred to physical therapy which I’m excited about because I really need to strengthen my back.
- I am beginning to focus on macro bowls for lunch, so I wrote out all the food, toppings, and drinks that are all raw and real food and I can pick and choose from each week, to keep things interesting, so I will not get bored.
- I’m currently reading The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion which is a charming and feel-good novel about a socially challenged genetics professor on a quest to see if he is capable of finding true love. I’m still in the beginning, so I cannot make an opinion just yet, but wanted to share what I’m currently reading.
- Alex and I are aiming to take at least a short stroll every evening. We live near a beautiful park, but even if we aren’t feeling up to driving over to it, walking around the block. It’s so great to get fresh air, a few steps in, and gives us a chance to have a nice conversation while being totally immersed in each other.
Links I Loved:
- MBG has some great tips for a self-care routine. I’m going to have to try ritualizing my morning drink(s)
- This SNL Trump sketch broke the preise of SNL – Jessica Chastain killed
- These fluffy almond waffles look amazing and perfect for hosting brunch
- Kara’s Closet has a list of simple ways to set up affiliate links on your website or blog
- I’m always looking for inspiration for my planners (yes I have more than 1) and Notes from Joana made the perfect list on how to make the most of your planner
Posts from this week: